Ten Secrets to Successful Exhibiting
- Create an attractive booth, with a large professional sign displayed at eye level. A client or
customer needs to know who you are, what youíre offering, and why they need it. Make it clear to
them what your specialties are. For optimum booth location, pick your space in advance from the
floorplans we send you & email us your choices.
- Actively market yourself before, during, & after the event. For example:
Dress in the spirit of the event. We recommend dressing in a manner appropriate to your field of expertise, tradition, ethnicity, or in some other authentic or colorful way that will make you stand out, or attract attention to yourself. If you would like help designing or making a special outfit, we can recommend someone.
Show up consistently & on time for events that you are registered for. Give yourself time after set-up to get grounded, clear, & focused. If you are not going to make it, call with plenty of notice. We have a waiting list of exhibitors who want your space. Setup is 8 - 10 am. If you canít arrive by 9:30 am, call us at 831-239-6835 or we will assume you are not coming, & your space may be given to someone on the waiting list.
Know what you want to accomplish. Itís a good idea to have one major objective that supports your overall goals. A massage therapist might have a goal of doing 10-15 sessions at the show & establishing 3-5 new regular clients for private sessions at their office. An MLM booth might plan to get 100 leads & turn 25% of them into sales. A goal helps to energize you & focus your activities before, during, & after the show.
Be a good neighbor. You are in close quarters with many people.
- Collect addresses & emails at each event. We give you unlimited numbers of "Free Admission
and Free Raffle Ticket" passes to send your contacts, in advance of each show. You will recieve
1 Dharma Dollar for each one that comes in with your name on it, or doublef for more than ten.
Dharma dollars can be used for goods and services at the expo or booth fees at a future event.
- Give a free presentation, or give away something useful to attendees. Let us know what it
will be so we can include it in our ads.
- Place ads in the program guide, or arrange to have your bio or banner on our website.
- Help to arrange or participate in interviews on radio or television prior to the event.
Optimize your Attitude. Take some time after your set-up is complete to lift your spirits in whatever way works for you. It is a well-known principle of sales that when you are promoting a product or service, what you are actually selling is your own state of consciousness. Inspiration, enthusiasm & positive thinking are contagious. If you are feeling ecstatic, you are magnetically attracting others to you who would like their own vibration raised to a higher level.
Respect boundaries. During set-up, utilize no more than the width of the space you registered for. In general, the floorplan is designed according to the exact dimensions of the room. If you set up an 8' x 8' display in a 6' x 8' space, you may be forcing your neighbor to confine themselves to a 4' x 8' space. Stay within your own booth area when marketing your product or service. Donít approach or distract fairgoers who are at another booth. Do not wander the hall passing out literature. Use the literature table near the entrance to the hall to place your flyers, business cards, etc.
Be available at your booth during public hours (10 am - 6 pm, except in Newport Beach, which is 10 - 5). Excessive talking on cell phones, socializing, & leaving your booth makes it difficult for you to connect with potential clients. We recommend wearing name tags. If you are a practitioner bring signs to indicate whether you are in session or available. Donít leave early unless itís an emergency, & never without making arrangements with the staff. When exhibitors start tearing down their booths, the public perceives that the event is over, and they start leaving as well.
Evaluate your results. Continuously evaluate & work on improving your skills, your attitude, your visual presentation, & the marketing of your booth. If you notice others being more successful than you, pay attention to what they are doing. If you want outside feedback, ask your neighbors or the event staff for suggestions.
- Donít burn sage or incense inside the exhibit hall. Many people canít handle it.
- If you play music at your booth, keep the volume at a level that works for your neighbors. If in doubt, ask.
- If you want a TV in your booth, ask us when you register. Weíll need to locate your booth away from practitioners.
- Be peaceful. If you have a legitimate issue that needs mediation, ask the event staff for help. We have years of experience in problem-resolution.
© 2013 Sacred Productions. All rights reserved.